In raising followers of Jesus Christ, we have a greater purpose in education than simply gathering knowledge. The more we learn in every subject, the more we understand about our God and His work.
Your children are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God, not in the image of a machine or conveyor belt school system. We are not only entrusted with your child’s education and safety but, more importantly, we are entrusted with cultivating the souls of your children and equipping them to become devoted followers of Christ with a strong Biblical worldview. Each child is exceptional, with unique strengths and weaknesses and deserves the personal attention and love that you, as a parent, would provide them at home. FourteenSix Christian Academy is more than your average private school. We serve as an extension of your family, devoted to Biblical mentorship through a hybrid classical education.
The Christian worldview shines through each subject, enabling students to see God’s hand in science, math, history, literature, fine arts, and language. Our goal is to disciple, train up, and cultivate a love of learning in students to think right so that they will make right decisions for themselves, their families, and their world.
Our discipleship-based classical academic model focuses on:
- Emphasis on truth, with God’s Word as the standard
- Biblical worldview focus in all subject matter
- Hands-on science and chemistry through Apologetics
- Focus on the importance of logic, reasoning, and proper language in communicating truth
- Cultivate a love of learning through the classical model of teaching
- Math memory and mastery K-8
What is the Classical Model of teaching?
A classical education takes advantage of how we were created by God to learn – by repetition in three stages called the Trivium:
- Grammar Stage: Memory of vocabulary and basic facts related to a subject
- Dialectic Stage: Ability to sort, analyze, and understand the memorized vocabulary and facts related to a subject through logic and reasoning
- Rhetoric Stage: Application of understanding in the form of formulating original ideas, delivering original speeches, problem-solving and teaching others the subject matter with confidence.
Award winning curriculum:
- IEW (Insitute for Excellence in Writing)
- Writing Structure and Style
- Classical Conversations – Developing a firm foundation
- Students will memorize a 204-point history from Creation to Present
- This year we will study comprehensive U.S. History from 1492 to Present Day
- English Grammar memory in combination with IEW
- Science memory in combination with Apologia
- Exploring Creation with Biology, Anatomy, and Physical Science